Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tips and Tricks Thursday preview and SYTYCD!


Ok, as promised, I am getting back into the swing of blogging.



Tips and Tricks topic: Tips and Tricks for bargain shopping.



I know I have said I was going to do this post for two weeks. It is really happening this week! The post is written and scheduled!



Don’t forget to watch the start of season 7 So You Think You Can Dance on Thursday on FOX! I will be doing SYTYCD posts on Fridays. This is my favorite reality show. I like to think since I was a dancer for most of my life I have a little bit of an expert opinion. I’m sure there will also be tons of new dances that I know nothing about like they had in past seasons. Definitely not an expert on Baliwood or any of the ballroom stuff.



New stuff this season: This season, the competition is the toughest it has ever been as the judges - Nigel Lythgoe, Mia Michaels and Adam Shankman - will pick only 10 dancers (five guys and five girls) - from the thousands that auditioned - to compete for the title of America 's Favorite Dancer. They usually start with a top 20 and cut two dancers a week. No Mary Murphy? Hallelujah! In the past they also partner up the top 20. This season, the competitors will be partnered each week with a different SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE All-Star dancer - former SYTYCD finalists skilled in various dance styles. The Season Seven All-Star Dance Partners who will perform within their specific genres are: Stephen "tWitch" Boss, Comfort Fedoke, Courtney Galiano, Anya Garnis, Lauren Gottlieb, Neil Haskell, Allison Holker, Mark Kanemura, Pasha Kovalev, Kathryn McCormick, Ade Obayomi and Dominic "D-trix" Sandoval. Dominic is from my hometown and I cannot stand him! I like the rest of the all stars.



Let me refresh your memory on past seasons or catch you up! I didn’t watch season 1, Nick Lazzarini won, he was a lyrical dancer. He hasn’t been around much on the show since. I am sure I would have been a big fan of his. Season 2 Benji Schwimmer won, he was a ballroom dancer. I am a HUGE fan of Travis Wall, Season 2’s runner up, and a lyrical dancer. He choreographs a lot for the show and I love everything he does! Season 3 Sabra Johnson won. I was a fan of Travis Wall #2 aka Neil Haskell. He got third place. I am definitely excited that he is going to be on the show this season as an all-star. Season 4 Joshua Allen won. I honestly can’t remember who I liked that season! Season 5 Jeanine Mason won. That season our friends all did a draft of the top 20. We all put in $5 to give to whoever picked the winner. Hubby picked Jeanine! She was definitely a surprise win. My favorite that season was Evan. I loved his old school style and adorable smile. He got third place. Season 6 Russell Ferguson won. In season 6 there were 6 finalists instead of 4. Married couple Ashley and Ryan were 5th and 6th place. I liked them a lot. Jakob Karr another blonde male lyrical dancer (sensing a pattern in my faves yet?) was my favorite and by far the most talented! He was AMAZING!

I think we are due for one of my favorites to win this season!

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to hearing about your tips and tricks for bargain shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy SYTYCD, but it also makes me sad that I don't dance anymore.

    I love bargain shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ur tips.. and that's why I gave you an award.. =)
    Check it on my blog..

    ReplyDelete