Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tips and Tricks Tuesday from moms!


Tips and Tricks Tuesday
 
I love to read and hope to pass my love of reading on to Chase. We read books all day long and I like to have reading as part of our bedtime routine.
 
When Chase was younger I read novels to him. I figured it would be easier for him to wind down if I wasn't turning the page every few sentences to reveal a new colorful interesting picture.
 
Since we got back from vacation our bedtime routine has been all messed up. I've found he prefers to sit and listen to the books when there is a picture for him to look at. He also seems to like picking the book. We have the Favorite Thornton Burgess Animal Stories Boxed Set (Sets) [Box set] [Paperback] which has pictures every 10 pages or so. These have been working but I'm getting tired of reading them so I posted a picture on instagram and facebook asking for suggestions.

Rachel suggested a few books and so far The Real Mother Goose worked for nap time.
I also got Make Way for Ducklings and One Morning in Maine by Robert McCloskey at the library.
Rachel suggested this Child's Book of Poems which isn't at my local library. I'll have to see if it is at the library by my parents or buy it when we are ready for some more books.

My uncle that is a teacher, author, and book obsessed suggested the Peter Rabbit books by Beatrix Potter and No, David!

What books do you read to your kiddos at bedtime? Write a post, grab my button, and link up! Or you can leave me suggestions in the comments :)

  

2 comments:

  1. I love the Real Mother Goose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh fun! I read whatever she brings me....we rarely get through a whole book before she gets down. Last night she brought flash cards over instead of a book so we did those, hahaha, it was a nice change actually and fun.

    ReplyDelete