Friday, July 20, 2012

Fired up!

I cannot believe people are sticking up for the parents of the 3 month old child in the Colorado theater.

First, if you aren't a parent, sorry you can't comment. I don't care how many neices and nephews or God children you have. It is not the same as being a parent. Read this blog. I have COMPLETELY changed since having my child. There are hundreds of things you say you will do before you have a child that you change your mind about. Sorry.

I try SO hard not to judge other parents. I see a kid screaming in Target and I try to say to myself there are a million things that could be going on. Today, at the library when there were parents with their eyes closed. I judged. That's not ok. You don't bring your kids some where and take a nap. I don't care how tired you are. Because you know what? I'm TIRED. I don't nap when I'm in my own home. I sure as heck don't nap when my child is playing with other children.

You bring your 3 month old to a midnight showing of a PG-13 rated movie it is wrong.

I've seen the argument that the parents needed a break. Do you know how expensive movies are? I honestly don't, because guess what, we don't go to movies because they are too expensive! If you needed a break THAT badly use the money to pay for a sitter and go some where free.

I have seen the argument that the baby would just sleep through it. My child has never been a good sleeper. I don't know many 3 month olds that sleep through the night in a loud movie theater. We have left restaurants because the mariachi band was too loud.

Is hearing violence car crashes, guns, and explosions good for a child's development? I don't think so.

I'm not in any way blaming the parents for their child getting injured. What happened is horrific and my heart really is broken for all the families of those lives lost. I just keep picturing Hubby and I being in that theater or Chase when he is 13 or older (because it is pg-13 just sayin) being in that theater. So so scary.

This is the first time I have heard of an infant being brought to a late night violent movie. That is what I am commenting on.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Megan. I am a parent. A parent of a two year old that would never in a million years take her to a movie theater, especially as an infant....however, your judgement is so inappropriate. I live in Denver and taught in Aurora. I had students who survived the shooting and my community is devastated. I spent the morning at the scene of the crime just crying for my students and all of the families who had to endure this horrific tragedy. Perhaps if you could feel the real sadness that we feel here in Colorado, you would never even dream of judging a family who will be changed forever by this tragedy. I love reading your blog but I am so disappointed that you would even go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, I respectfully disagree. If my three-month olds slept at midnight, which G definitely did not do, they would sleep through a movie like that. I'm very liberal about lots of things, and this falls under there. I personally wouldn't make the choice to take L to a movie like that, ever, especially at midnight, and heard there was a kid about his age there. But again, I don't know those parents' story/education/history, so I personally don't judge them. I just wish I could be nonjudgmental about everything! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I'm not a mom but I don't see anything wrong with taking a baby to a midnight movie or any movie if you know that they'll sleep. I saw some parents bring their baby into the movie we were seeing and I felt bad for the baby because it was going to be a loud movie but I don't see anything wrong with it. Taking a toddler to a movie is a whole different story. They would probably move all around and not handle it as well. Will I bring my future babies to a movie? I don't know but if I knew they would sleep I wouldn't see a problem with it. I don't think the parents are bad for doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my opinion a normal movie is too loud for a baby. That's why they have the stars and strollers viewings available for parents with babies. It's not as loud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw an interview with that couple on Friday night and andrew and I were judging them...WIth that said though- The movies cost $6.00 here and I brought Anika to the movies when she was 2-3 months old :) It was a 6 pm movie, but at that age, 6 pm or 6 Am...she didnt care about the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megs, I battle not judging 247, it's what we do as moms! Is it right? No. Is it wrong? No. I think we all have the way we like to do things and how we see things fit, we obviously are judging if someone doesnt do everything the same? Is that bad? I really do not think so. It allows us to see things in a different perspective. I agree with you, I would not take my children either, shoot I am too exhausted to even go out after the kids bedtime let alone bring them with us haha! Don't let anyone make you feel bad that you feel a certain way! Xoxox

    ReplyDelete