Tuesday, May 22, 2012

New years resolution update

You might remember my new years resloution was to get our house organized since we have been living here for a year now. My motivation is a new sectional couch when we finish the list! I think we are doing pretty good with getting the list done!

1.Hang pictures and mirrors

We created a little family organization center by the computer desk.
 This is a vinyl wall art decal I got for my bday. I didn't want to put it on the wall and not be able to take it will us if we moved so I put it on a canvas. So hard to do! It says Having somewhere to go is a home. Having someone to love is a family. Having both is a blessing. Love it!
 We haven't painted the cabinet doors or wall behind our bed yet. Don't know if we will get to it. But we hung the mirror up.

2.Will and Trust - we NEED to do this!
3.Clean the blinds - I may never get all the blinds clean!
4.Organize Chase's clothes the plastic tub that has his hand me downs in it is empty! We have 18-24 months stuff hanging up and in drawers. After that I guess no more hand me downs! I think he has caught up to his cousins in size!
5.Donate clothes I don't wear - I may never do this :/
6.Wash make up brushes
7.Wash bras
8.Move Chase's jumperoo to next notch Chase doesn't really jump in his jumperoo anymore. I should probably move it to the next notch again but we just use it as a place to contain him while he watches tv :/
9.Clean appliances
10.Wash cars - another one I may never do
11.Clean all the hard-to-reach places: behind the stove, refrigerator, washer/ dryer, sofas and under beds. Dust behind furniture and appliances. Dust window sills, ceilings, and baseboards. Don't forget to dust down doors, molding, and hidden corners were cobwebs may form.
12.Clean carpet we actually got new carpet!
13.Wash windows and screens. - yeah right!
14.Clean oven
15.Clean stove burners with Ammonia - I did this once but they didn't get all the way clean!
16.Rotate mattress
17.Buy trash can for aluminum cans
18.Turn in aluminum cans
19.Organize papers
20.Update filing system

of course I added to the list
21. fix Chase's and master door
22. put new faucet on
23. fix drip in upstairs bath
24. change batteries in smoke alarms
25. baby gate upstairs and other baby proofing - this is #1 on the list!
26. organize silverware
27. glue board by downstairs bathroom down

5 comments:

  1. Your doing good on your list girl.
    I can't wait to get in our new house and start doing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bedding! And congrats on the productivity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made a good dent in your resolutions!

    I'm shocked Chase will even go in the jumperoo at all anymore. We put ours away months ago because Landon didn't care about it and wasn't terribly happy in it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking good! ugh, i still need to do our wills too. i cant believe i've been needing to do that for over a year and it's still not done...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with your bedding!!! Great job on your list :)

    ReplyDelete