Tuesday, September 29, 2009

If you are not the one thing they can't stand to lose

I am not ashamed to admit how much I love country music. I am able to relate to the lyrics the majority of the time a song comes on my radio. Last night I heard Reba Mcentire's new single "Consider me gone". Love the song! I started thinking gosh I guess the whole proposal thing means I am the one thing he can't stand to lose. Then I thought about some of my friends and their relationships. I think some of them need to ask these questions and tell their significant other to consider them gone, if they don't like what they hear. Here are the lyrics to this great song:

Every time I turn the conversation to something deeper than the weather I can feel you always shuttin' down. And when I need an explanation for the silence, you just tell me you don't wanna talk about it now.

What you're not saying is coming in loud and clear, we're at a crossroads here...

If I'm not the one thing you can't stand to lose. If I'm not that arrow to the heart of you. If you don't get drunk on my kiss. If you think you can do better than this. Then I guess we're done. Let's not drag this on. Consider me gone.

With you I've always been wide open, like a window or an ocean. There is nothing I've ever tried to hide. So when you leave me not knowin' where you're goin' I start thinkin' that we're lookin', we're lookin' at goodbye.

How about a strong shot of honesty, don't you owe that to me...

If I'm not the one thing you can't stand to lose. If I'm not that arrow to the heart of you. If you don't get drunk on my kiss. If you think you can do better than this. Then I guess we're done. Let's not drag this on. Consider me gone.

Consider me a memory. Consider me the past. Consider me a smile in an old photograph, someone who used to make you laugh.

If I'm not the one thing you can't stand to lose. If I'm not that arrow to the heart of you. Then I guess we're done, let's not drag this on. Consider me gone. Consider me gone. Consider me gone. Just consider me gone.

You should listen to the song too. Does the person you are in a relationship with think they can do better than you? It takes a strong person to stand up for themselves and realize how much they have to offer. Do you need to tell someone to consider you gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment