Thursday, March 20, 2014

Kyle and Austin 1 month


Kyle and Austin are 1 month old! Begin time warp speed!

There isn't too much to talk about during the first month. They slept a lot. They ate a lot. They needed a lot of diaper changes.

I was feeding them every 2 hours after they were first born to get them back to birth weight. It took a little longer than two weeks and Austin needed a pumped bottle to supplement. Now that they are back to birth weight I am just nursing them. Austin needs a nipple shield sometimes but it has been nice to have a break from pumping. I plan to pump soon and try a bottle with Kyle soon.

I don't want to jinx things and talk about sleep.

At first nursing sessions were taking 90 minutes sometimes and it took awhile to figure out a good time during the day to nurse them when I would have time to eat lunch with Chase and put him down for a nap. I try to nurse them around 7am and then again at 10am, 12:30pm after Chase is asleep and then around 3pm, 5:30, and then 8. I was nursing them at 10 too but I'm going to try and drop the 10pm feeding since Austin is screaming during it and Kyle was up at 1 something last night.

We are so happy that our little boys are here and healthy and adorable. We are excited we made it through the first month and are looking forward to more time with them awake. Can't believe we are already done with the squishy first few weeks!

1 comment:

  1. So they are two of the cutest babies I have ever seen!!! Absolutely precious. I hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete