Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Quiz!

I wanted to write a post today but I had no ideas until I stumbled on this little gem on Amber's blog!

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate?
HOT CHOCOLATE! I've never had eggnog it looks and sounds disgusting!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
I'm an only child so Santa didn't have to wrap presents. Now that I have my own house and kiddo Santa is going to wrap presents in special Santa wrapping paper.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I bought white lights for the tree and Hubby thought they were boring and made me return them. Colored lights on the house and tree now.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope

5. When do you put your decorations up?
The day after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Fudge

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
My memories are weird. I remember one year getting up in the middle of the night and trying to see what Santa had brought me but I couldn't see. Guess I didn't put my glasses on? I think we have pictures from one Christmas where I still have my head gear on. I'm so sexy!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
These are not things that I can remember!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
My Dad always begs to be able to open a gift on Christmas Eve. Usually it was the gift from my Grandpa and Step Grandma. They are the worst gift givers. This year, and all the years to come, Chase is opening his jammies to wear that night!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Lights first, then silver balls, and then personalized ornaments.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
It snows like every 8 years and doesn't stick to the ground here. I love going to the snow! We have to take Chase this winter!

12. Can you ice skate?
I used to ice skate competitively. I would love to go with Hubby but I don't want to embarass him. Some moms in our mom group were talking about taking their kids in the strollers. That it just crazy to me!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I love our video camera we got a few years ago. Love my ipod touch. But the best gift of all is a healthy family!

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Spending time with family! I can't wait to read the Christmas story and Twas the night before Christmas to Chase on Christmas Eve and tuck him into bed and then sneak down the stairs and put out his presents and fill his stocking!

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Fudge, we went over this.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
All of them! Looking at lights, spending time with family...

17. What tops your tree?
Just got it this year its a light up star. I LOVE it!

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
I'm bummed this year I don't feel like I got anything exciting for Hubby. I love some of the presents we got for the grandparents!

19. Candy canes: yuck or yum?
Yum! I need one of those see's cherry ones!

20. Favorite Christmas show?
It's Hubby's family's tradition to watch A Christmas story. I love how much they all love it. We watched Four Christmases and wrapped presents this year. Since I don't like Chase watching much tv and once he is in bed I am exhausted that might be all we watch this year.

21. Saddest Christmas song?
Last Christmas?

22. What’s your favorite Christmas song?
My new fave is all I want for Christmas is a hippopotamus. Have you heard it? It's amazing!

8 comments:

  1. I can't stand the Hippopotamus song, it annoys me. LOL, I should so do this. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to at least try eggnog!! I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo eggnog and I have an interesting relationship! It tastes good the first few sips but by the time I'm to the end of the glass it tastes sour to me! Yuck! I loved reading this, I may have to do it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love egg nog but I can only drink a little at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm confused, your presents weren't wrapped?? I don't like eggnog...not that I've ever had it. I just really think I wouldn't like it. I LOVE A Christmas Story!! We don't have cable so hopefully it will be on one of the channels we do get! Haha, and the hippo song is one of my favs. I grew up singing that all the time this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eggnog is nasty! I tried it when I was a kid and I'm pretty sure I gagged.

    ReplyDelete
  7. C and I have a light up star on our tree too!

    ReplyDelete