Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wedding favors

This is a picture from our honeymoon. I was going to have our wedding favor in all our honeymoon pictures as a joke. My family does that some times with pictures and then its a game of can you find the thing that is in all the pictures. Anyways, see the maroon drink coozie by my right elbow? That's our wedding favor!

I think I saw another couple in a magazine do coozies for their wedding favor and right away I knew we had to do it too. Our family goes camping every year and our friends and family love to bbq and have beers and coozies are a must. What better way to always remember our special day?

Now it is my brother in law's turn to get married and they are stumped on what to do for wedding favors. I'm sure all of you amazing wedding planners have great ideas for them. They want to do something inexpensive. Their color is eggplant. They are getting married at a golf course and both love to golf (just gave myself an idea with that one, they could do balls or tees). The wedding is June 4th and I have a feeling my butt will be helping with favors and since I'm 5 weeks away from having this kid and his nursery isn't done let's make it something easy! They both like to bowl. Ashley suggested heart wine stoppers which I might suggest to them. Ok so let me hear your ideas!

10 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you took it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like edible wedding favors, those are my favorite! As far as non-edibles, I have gotten flower seeds, matches, coozies, bubbles... and we just got wine stoppers at the last wedding I went to. That wedding also had a photo booth and they gave the couple one set of the photos and us the other, it was a fun way to remember the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the wine stopper idea...but duh I love wine

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had custom made koozies since we had a beach wedding, they said "To have and to hold and keep your drink cold" on one side and our names/date on the other.

    We also had Jones soda with custom labels for people to take too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea! It's cute and practical, and I gotta say, it's much better than the glass ornaments I've received as wedding favors. Whenever I redecorated, I usually gave 'em away b/c they too up too much space in my (then) small apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they should do something that relates to them and says something about them-so the golf theme works! Just like you did coozies because you like camping. We did maple syrup (because NH is known for it and we got it from our neighbor) and then NZ goats milk soaps to represent Andrew...so a little of both of our homes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like wine stoppers - it's pretty common, but heck, it's USEFUL (just like yours!) so why not?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the wine stopper idea, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmm i like creative stuff so i think i would want to do a CD or something that they could remember us by. i'll have to think of more ideas.

    i'm having a giveaway at my blog tomorrow for a flat iron + more goodies if you have time to stop by love!

    ReplyDelete