Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's my birthday and I'll do what I want to!

That's right people it is my birthday! I took today off work because I didn't want to hang out with kids that didn't know me and didn't care if it was my birthday and would probably be buttheads. That's the life of a substitute teacher!



Instead I slept in, watched a little Bachelor, went to lunch with my mom, and went shopping. Perfect day!



Last weekend my in laws were in town helping us with our house again. They are amazing. They wanted to go out to dinner for my bday with my parents and some other family friends. We went to Il Fornaio and had a wonderful time. I liked getting sung to in Italian! Oh and the free dessert!

I'm sure you guys enjoy sneak peeks of the house and I guess this is technically my birthday present so I'll show you what the Hubby got me for my birthday...


A dishwasher! I know! So romantic! Hey, I think it might be one of the most expensive bday presents he's gotten me so I'm not complaining!

I think it is part of getting older that you appreciate the little things. To me a day off of work and housework and something new for our house is all I need.

12 comments:

  1. I got a dishwasher for Christmas a few years ago! We're getting old :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a really pretty dishwasher :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you had a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is a great gift!!! Last year for xmas, I got a garage door, and this year, a new front door- those things make great gifts in our old age :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. AND. PS. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! And love the dishwasher! Nothing like getting excited about a gift like that to remind yourself that you're not 18 anymore ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday!! I totally love getting kitchen stuff for gifts too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday! Glad you had such a nice day yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday!!

    ReplyDelete