Thursday, December 31, 2009

6 years ago today

*preview of what is going to happen tonight at midnight! (minus the veil, wedding dress, and tux, probably in pjs ;))

Happy New Years Eve everybody!!



Six years and a couple months ago told the story of how Hubby and I first met.


I don't remember when my friend R told me Hubby and his girlfriend broke up. I don't think I made a mental note of it because I was focused on school and didn't really know him.


We were in college so there was no school from Christmas time until January. I was at my parents house for the break.


I didn't have any plans for NYE. I asked R what she was planning on doing. She was dating a local already so she was going to be in our college town. I figured going back to college town would be better than hanging out with the rents so I went up to be third wheel. I don't remember how we ended up at the party we ended up at. I think I was sober driver but don't remember whose idea it was to go there. The reason I think I was sober driver was I was super bored at this party. It was your average college house party. I think due to my boredom I started telling people to take their coats off. I get annoyed easily by things like if everyone is sitting down and one person is standing. I will ask that person to sit down cause they are bugging me. The coats inside was another one of those things. So then I had a huge pile of coats sitting next to me on the couch.


I remember Hubby and his best friend at the time showing up to the party. I asked them for their coats.


And that is the end of the story!


Aren't you sad?! Part of my heart is a little sad for this night too. Part of me thinks if he thought I was pretty the first time he met me why didn't he want to talk to me and get to know me at this party. The other part knows I should be glad he didn't try to talk to me that night because he was still wanted to be single at the time.


Sorry, am I depressing you guys on this celebratory holiday? It gets more depressing from there. Probably the whole big pile of coats next to me and being sober thing was why I didn't find a new years eve kiss that night. But (Hubby doesn't know this part) the guy that I kind of had a crush on kissed somebody else while he was sitting right next to me?!



4 comments:

  1. omg!

    Well at least you know you will be getting a kiss tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Years and Anniversary! What a great day to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! I hope you had a wonderful anniversary and a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete