Thursday, May 28, 2009

Dreams Do Come True

I'm back kids! I had a crazy busy week followed by a crazy busy weekend away from home! My suitcase and dirty laundry are still laying on the floor by the front door! I don't know how I can feel like I need a day off after a four day weekend. Hoping to have a productive/relaxing weekend. Can't decide if I will enjoy the relaxing more on Sunday if Saturday is productive. Probably. Probably won't happen though.


Not only am I behind on my laundry, I am super behind on my tv shows. So excited by the way for summer shows!! So I just watched the One Tree Hill finale last night. I heard my "friend" Geena's blog about the episode on Tuesday May 26th when I was driving to work. But hearing it and watching it last night made me think.


While they were all contemplating life this was said, "Take a look at your self in the mirror. Who is the person looking back? Is it the person you want to be? Or is there someone else you were meant to be? The person you should've been but fell short of. Is someone telling you you can't or you won't? Because you can. Believe that love is out there. Believe that dreams come true everyday because they do. Sometimes happiness doesn't come from money or fame or power. Sometimes happiness comes from good friends and family and from the quiet nobility of living a good life. So take a look in that mirror and remind yourself to be happy because you deserve to be, believe that. And believe that dreams come true everyday because they do."


This time last year I was having a similar struggle to this year. I struggle with finding a job just for the summer or making a career change because my chosen profession seems impossible to get into. The reality of that dream not coming true had be really upset yesterday but after watching one tree hill (yes i know thats sad) I started thinking about what dreams of mine have come true.


I told my fiance today that I am so glad I am marrying him for so many different reasons. We all know after the five years we dated that marrying him really is a dream come true. Another kind of silly dream of mine is coming true tomorrow, which I will talk about more later. My point is that I can see some dreams coming true and I have to keep hoping that some day my professional dream will come true. But if it doesn't, the rest won't be too shabby!

1 comment: