Monday, September 10, 2012

Show and Tell: Baby Talk


I couldn't not link up with Becky today for show and tell baby talk! 1. Tell us your favorite baby names? Obviously, Chase. You might remember when I talked about how we selected his name we picked our top 10 favorite boy names from the top 100 for 2009 and then compared. We only had 2 names that we both liked, Chase and Matthew. So we always said if we have another boy we will name him Matthew. Lately, we've been having second thoughts. We recently agreed that if God blesses us with another son we will do the same thing we did to pick Chase's name. We will be keeping the name a secret because I did not enjoy the grimace from my bil recently over Matthew. But honestly, when I think of Chase's brother and our 2nd child I always think of him as Matthew so we will probably end up naming him that. Our girl name is Lauren. We talk about Matthew and Lauren with Chase too so it will be interesting to see what happens!

2. Show me your "dream" nursery {can be your baby's nursery or one that you love}
You might also remember that we moved into our house when I was 7 months pregnant. We didn't have the time, money, or engery to give Chase a dream nursery. His bedding is plain sheets to match a hand-me-down crib skirt. We plan to keep the room as a nursery and let Chase pick whatever he wants to take from the room to his big boy room next door. I also am hoping for another boy so I can keep the decor the same. We want 3 kids and I want the third to be a little girl. I want to keep some things in the room the same like the brown curtain and beige rocking chair cushion and then add pink. I love this beige and pink nursery from pinterest!
3. How many children would you like to have? How far apart?
Like I said before we want 3. If I got pregnant today they would be 25 months apart. I think that would be perfect but probably not going to happen. I'm definitely ok with them being 2.5 years or more apart. It is all in God's hands and I have liked his plan so far :). Now that I know how my body acts when I'm nursing I might wean the next one a few months sooner but who knows!

4. Tell us what you think the importance of parenting is?
As a substitute teacher I see a lot of kids on their worst day. RESPECT has been a big thing for me lately. I think it is so important to teach our children how to be respectful! With the economy being the way it is I hear a lot about children moving back in with their parents. I think it is important to teach your children how to be intrinsically motivated and a hard worker. I see and hear a lot of people getting things handed to them. On Suze Orman there was a 12 year old that got an allowance of $80 a month. Not gonna happen for little Chase. I think it is important to teach your children how to be a healthy eater, a lover of fitness and the outdoors, polite, unprejudiced, a lover of reading, how to handle his finances, how to cook and clean, how to be a good friend, a good husband, about God and Jesus, etc. I could go on and on! It is a big job and I hope I do it well!

5. Show us your favorite newborn photo
We didn't take professional newborn photos. But this is a great picture of my favorite newborn!
I seriously die over this picture! This is Chase the day we left the hospital. I don't ever remember him being that small!

6. Tell us some things you promise to never do as a parent {and if you are a parent, did you stick to it}
I distinctly remember my friends 1 year old wasn't sleeping through the night and saying if Chase is 1 and not sleeping through the night he will be crying it out. HA! I'm such a softie now! I said I wanted to breastfeed for a year and I did. We never wanted to give him medicine and we definitely have given him advil for teeth! I was going to try to not have an epidural. After two weeks of labor I asked for the epidural man to come as soon as he could when it was offered to me.

2 comments:

  1. My lil guy is already 2 weeks old and we haven't taken any pro pics yet and it's making me crazy! I felt like the only one who didn't take pro pics of my baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $80 a month? I wish I could get that allowance! haha

    I like the names Lauren and Matthew (my sister is Lauren)!

    My sister kept the name a secret except for immediate family because they didn't want people talking about it. People are so rude!

    ReplyDelete