Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Sunday, October 24, 2010
When I read the post, my immediate reaction was, oh my gosh, this is so true! But then I thought about it and it isn’t true. When I started this blog I didn’t know where it was going to go. I started reading other blogs and making connections with people. I found other newlyweds that posted all 200 of their wedding photos. So I plastered my face all over this blog. I think to me it was like facebook with strangers. I mean, I had a beautiful wedding and obviously the more people that see the pics and tell me I’m pretty, the better I feel ;).
But I have to be careful. I think in my first post I don’t say my maiden last name. My Dad has always been careful when it comes to what you put out there on the internet. I try not to put on facebook when we will be away from our apartment. I have been burglarized enough thank you. I don’t do the home tour posts because I don’t want people to know if we have nice things. Probably shouldn’t have posted about what brand my engagement ring is.
My point is, now that I have put my face on this blog, I can’t be 100% honest. I don’t know who is reading this blog. So I don’t post things I wouldn’t want my employer to read. I don’t post things I wouldn’t want my family to read. I don’t post things I wouldn’t want a potential psycho stalker to read.
You want me to post pictures of my apartment messy? Well I usually don’t let my friends and family see it that way. You want me to post pictures where I think I have a double chin or a gummy smile, where I have zits or look fat. Its probably only fair since Hubby says my anniversary post was a montage of bad pics of him. You want me to post when I’m in a bad mood or had a fight with my husband? Personally, I don’t think people want to read about that stuff. I don’t want to be a Debbie downer.
Isn’t it kind of human nature to be fake? Like I said, I don’t let my friends and family see my messy apartment. I put makeup on and I buy nice, flattering clothes. I think there is an argument to be made for women to be honest with each other. If we all stop pretending we have got it together and be honest, maybe society’s expectations will lower. I loved a couple posts I read from some mom’s of newborns that were completely honest about how their babies cry a lot and they are tired. I guess the idea is let’s stop pretending we have perfect angel babies.
But I have to give you all credit. I think you keep it real. I think for the most part the blogs I read are not fake. A lot of you have been through tough times and shared it with us. I’ve shown you a before picture of my closet. Would you like me to tell you its kind of gotten back to that? We talk about our bad habits. I show you pics of the adorable bunny but I also let you know he poops a lot.
Most of us are adults. I think we have all figured out by now that no one is perfect. But the best part about the blog community is you can share your struggles and there are people there to support you.
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Do you guys read comics anymore? We don't get the newspapers but I still like to read the comics. There is a great website called comics.com where you can save your favorite comics. One of my favorite is the strip Pickles. Here are some funny ones from this week.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
If you are a real housewives of orange county watcher, you have seen Vicki and Donn go through their ups and downs. But last season they renewed their vows and really seemed to be doing better!
What happened? There was this smooch last spring.
Vicki has always been flirtatious. After 16 years of marriage, I’m guessing Donn knew that. Her bff and co star, Tamra filed for divorce in January. Maybe she had some influence?
There has to be something said for putting it all out there for everyone to see though. We’ve seen it time and time again. For some reason people keep putting their lives out there for all of us to watch. What do you think people would say about your life if you were on a reality tv show? I’m guessing people would think I was boring and wouldn’t watch. But I think that’s a good thing.
Monday, October 18, 2010
1. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? I have a pretty long list of places I want to travel to. Tahiti , Italy , Spain , France , Ireland , Australia , North Carolina , TEXAS to visit Neely!, Seattle , New York , Greece (I don't know why blogger put spaces in between the words and the commas but I'm not fixing it) etc.
2. If money was not an issue what career would you have? The one I went to college for, teaching. They don’t get paid well and it is one of the toughest jobs out there, but I would give anything for my own classroom. I think I might have changed my mind to stay at home mom.
3. What is the one show you must watch every week? Depends Fall or Summer. Summer is SYTYCD. Fall I would have to say GLEE! My new favoritist show ever! Oh and HIMYM.
4. What is your all time favorite movie? Billy Madison. I can recite the whole movie. It starts with suntan lotion is good for me.
5. Who is the one person you know you can count on (excluding significant others and family members)? It is probably a three way tie between my three best friends. I know I can call any of them to talk whenever I need them.
6. What is your biggest vice? Is it bad I have to google what a vice is? Wikipedia says it is practice or habit that is considered immoral. Since I never do anything immoral I’ll go with the more minor usage definition just a bad habit. Ok, now this might be tmi or whatever but some lady admitted it this week on Oprah and I KNOW I’m not the only person that does this. I am trying really hard to break this bad habit, but I pick my zits and scars. I know it’s terrible for me and luckily I don’t have acne scars. Sorry if I made you cringe!
7. What is your biggest guilty pleasure? Geez Neely! Where was your mind when you were writing these questions? Hm, I know some of you watch Teen Mom with me and even Neely watches the Challenge. Maybe cheese fries? I think I had some in June. Maybe just all the bad for me food I eat. I begged Curtis to let me get onion dip the last weekend. I ate every last drop of that stuff!
8. What is on your bucket list? My problem with bucket lists is I feel like it is a list of things you MUST do before you die. I’m not really into making long lists like that because honestly I feel so blessed and have had such a great life. To me I guess I think if I make a list and then get hit by a car tomorrow people will be sad I didn’t get to check off my list. Like the song “If I Die Young” says, “What I never did is done.” The only thing I would be bummed about not getting to experience if I got hit by a car tomorrow is having a baby. So I have one thing on my bucket list and it is to be a mom, only if it is for a minute. I want to leave this Earth knowing I left a child behind.
Ok, on to my questions and the people I tag.
1) What is your earliest memory?
2) What is your biggest regret?
3) What is the best vacation you ever went on?
4) Who do you strive to be like?
5) Where is your favorite place in the world?
6) When are you happiest?
7) Why do you get up in the morning?
8) What order do you brush, floss and swish in?
Thursday, October 14, 2010
I saw this article on realsimple.com I thought it was pretty interesting. It is which halloween candy is healthier fun size vs fun size.
Reese’s peanut butter cups or snickers- snickers
Peanut m&m’s or skittles- peanut m&m’s
Twix or kit kat- kit kat
Candy corn or tootsie rolls- Though you would need to eat 26 pieces of candy corn to rack up the same number of calories—140—as in 6 Tootsie Rolls, both candies contain artificial color and flavor. Vegetarians should go for Tootsie Rolls, however, since candy corn contains gelatin (an animal by-product).
Butterfinger or york peppermint pattie- my guess peppermint pattie, I was right
Starburst or jolly rancher- jolly rancher
Smarties or sweetarts- smarties
Milky way or payday- probably payday even though I wish it was milky way, oh I was wrong! Wahoo!
Almond joy or mounds- almond joy is my guess. It’s a tie.
Bubble yum or tootsie pop- I will guess bubble yum since you just chew it. Correct.
Carmel apple or candy apple- I’ve never had a candy apple so I’ll guess carmel ? Oh, I was wrong candy apples are healthier.
Monday, October 11, 2010
These are the flowers in the lobby of the hotel we stayed at. Aren't the gorgeous! I love them.
Seals at Seal Beach in La Jolla, CA.
Our view at breakfast at the hotel in La Jolla on Monday the 11th.
Dessert at the Melting Pot. It was our first time, no one ever told me they give you rice krispy treats and cheesecake to dip into the glorious chocolate and peanut butter yumm!!!!!
The Melting Pot was so fun. Hubby totally surprised me. When we were pulling in the driveway I saw the sign and said, "Melting Pot?!" Hubby convinced me we were going to Flemings steakhouse, we almost walked in the door and he said, "Psych!" We went to the Melting Pot!
First course was cheddar cheese! Yum!
This first year of marriage has been a crazy one. It started with needing to drive off to our honeymoon destination and having lost the keys. Somehow they got thrown away and he and my dad found them the day after the wedding while going through the trash! The next day while driving down the coast we experienced the storm of the century and our short lives flashed before our eyes as boulders rolled in front of our car. The rest of the honeymoon was magical.
Once we came home with all the amazing presents we realized we needed a bigger apartment. So we moved!
We spent our first Thanksgiving away from our families, never doing that again! Had our first Christmas together. Spent Valentine’s Day with my mom who was visiting. Celebrated each other’s birthdays. We went to his brother’s graduation in San Francisco . Went to our dear friend’s wedding and the little place card had Mr. and Mrs. H on it. We celebrated his dad’s 50th!
Sunday, October 10, 2010
"The rehearsal went great! I guess my dad didn't know he had to say anything! (I meant during the ceremony, the who gives this woman away part or whatever) Oops! I hope everything goes as smoothly.
Rehearsal dinner was great. Got to hang out with everybody at the ranch. M and S (my in laws) made a great meal. A lot of people from (Hubby's hometown) and on the H's side came, so that was fun.
I am really tired. I need to get some sleep for the big day!"
You can read more about the rehearsal here.
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Could they be any cuter? Danny proposed to Melinda on the reunion special for their Real World season. Danny was on The Challenge Fresh Meat 2 and spoke of highly of his marriage to Melinda.
Sweetsies. So I see Melinda, I get excited. I see Brad and Tori are still together. Where is Danny? Or there is some guy with a hat on, must be him. Melinda gets picked to be on a team and starts talking. She says, "I married Danny from my season Real World Austin... and we are now going through a DIVORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Are you kidding me? Do these people not know how much I care about them? Clearly I care more than they do about each other! First every couple on the Bachelor breaks up and now Real World couples?!!!
Brad got "wifed up" by Tori and I guess I won't hold my breath with that relationship! I mean I knew when Jen and Brad broke up that there really was no hope, I almost shed a real tear for these people!
PS I realize this is not an actual tragedy but if you read my blog you shouldn't have high expectations.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
1. I identify the most with Celia. I definitely wasn’t engaged when I went away to college like Bree, I hadn’t lost my mom like Sally, and am not into protests and feminism like April. Celia was kind of just a normal girl with a normal family going off to college.
2. My freshman year of college was pretty similar to these girls. I wasn’t at an all girls school, but there were 5 girls living all in the same area and we became friends quickly. All the talking and getting to know each other and the parties reminded me of my college experience. Unfortunately, do to some circumstances out of my control, two break ins and meeting the love of my life, I no longer speak to any of those girls. My girls are my friends from high school. They were the ones in my wedding part.
3. I think I would have to say Bree has changed the most. She went from being engaged to a guy to being with a woman.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
I am glad I didn't turn that interview off. JK Rowling is an amazing woman. As I said before, I love to watch interviews of authors. I love to hear how they came up with the idea for their book. Stefenie Meyer's phenomenon was created from a dream. JK Rowling had the idea for her phenomenon while riding a train. I know there is a part of my heart that is an author. It is in my blood. My grandfather wrote stories, my father wrote stories, and my uncle has written books that may one day be a phenomenon. But I don't think the idea for a book will ever come to me. Do you all also hope the idea will come to you?
As I said before, I was glad I watched that interview because JK Rowling is amazing. Her life story of being a depressed poverty stricken single mother and now the only billionare author. There was a point in the interview where Harpo and JK talked about what it is like to have so much money. Kind of interesting but not a reality for most of us.
The discussion they had about Michael Jackson always trying to chase the phenomenon of the Thriller album was very interesting. JK and Harpo have realized they can't top their seperate phenomenons. They are both at the place where they are ending that part of their lives. Does Harpo have to mention her network every day? We all know about the network Harpo!
I might give Harry Potter another try.
Sunday, October 3, 2010
This brought up my Christmas tree anxiety. I knew I wrote a post about it before but I couldn't find it. I started to write the post again. I searched for pictures of trees that I liked and for reals started to title it the same and then I saw you could search for posts and found it. So for newcomers or if you missed it before, why I have Christmas tree anxiety...
10/3/10 We have started looking into buying a house. Buying a house to me means painting and new couches and a dining room table. It also means a big pretty Christmas tree! Growing up my parents had a Christmas tree that has so many memories on it. Anything that semi resembled an ornament went on that thing. I'm not kidding you. You know those candy containers that have a string on top? Yeah that's an ornament at our house. An eraser? Definitely! We laugh and have a great time every year putting the ornaments on the tree together. You always have to be careful not to squeeze the Oliver and Co. ornament because one year it played it's little song non stop and spent Christmas in the closet.
Hubby's family does the micellaneous ornaments too. Not quite to the same extent. But we've talked about what our tree will look like and he wants one with memories like our parents have.
Well, I don't. I think the compromise might be two trees. I want a designer tree. I love the trees in the department stores that are all on color scheme and have no personalization. That's what I would put in front of the living room window at our new house. We can put the crazy mish mash tree in the family room or something.
It is hard finding pictures of designer trees I like. I finally found two after about an hour searching I think.
The compromise was I took the white lights I bought back to hoblob and got colored lights.