Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Christmas Vacation part 1

*picture of Hubby and I at my cousin's house for Christmas dinner.

The Hubby and I started our vacation at 4am Saturday the 19th. We live in so cal and our parents live in nor cal. So cal has the worst traffice ever so we leave at 4 am. We avoid traffic and get there around 11 am and we somehow don't feel too tired.

We got to my parent's house and had lunch. We love getting Papa Murphys pizza. They don't have any near where we live. We finally got to watch our wedding video! I loved being able to see what the guys were up to while we were stuck in a room getting ready. Then we went to dinner at Latitudes in Auburn. It was pretty good. Best part was the mandarini! Came back to the house and played Scategories. I won by only one point!

The next day Mom, Hubby, and I headed to the mall for some last minute shopping. I thought it was going to be crazier than it was. Then we went to lunch with my old high school friends. There were 12 of us including my friends' babies. I hadn't seen one of the girls for about a year and hadn't seen her baby yet. I think seeing them was my favorite part. Then the hubby left me! He went to his parents house for a few days. My mom and I wrapped some presents and I watched tv with my dad.

The next day I drove my mom to work and met my dad at the hospital. He got the H1N1 shot because people are saying it is going to come back in January. Then he went to Target with me to return some wedding presents. He also tried to get me a H1N1 shot at CVS. They acted like they ddin't know what that was. Then Dad went back to work and I went to the grocery store. While my dad was working he found out there was an urgent clinic by Target that had the H1N1 shot. So that evening we went to pick my mom at from work and got me the H1N1 shot and went shopping for the hubby.

The next day I relaxed and hung out with my step brother (the dog my dad got to replace me).

Wednesday (aka the night before the night before), my dad worked a half day so he could drive me up to see Hubby and go to the night before the night before party. It was crazy as always. My least favorite part was when some of the men were talking about going sky diving with my dad. Before my dad got married he went a few times. My opinion is you shouldn't be jumping out of airplanes when your one and only daughter hasn't given you grandchildren yet. My dad decided around 11pm that he was going to stay the night. My mom and I wanted him to stay the night as soon as we found out he was going to the party. So we all stayed up until 2am or so. The next morning I was shocked that my dad wasn't the first one awake. My whole life he has woken up early. He can stay up to 11pm or so and be up around 5 or 6. I didn't hear a peep from him. So I decided at 9:45 I was going to wake him up. Such a nice daughter :)! He was awake by then.

To be continued on Jan 4th...


  1. sounds like a great start to a vacation....the martini sounds awesome!

  2. haha love how your brother is a dog! my dad calls our dogs our brothers and sisters too haha

  3. Sounds like you're enjoying your vacay!

    Thanks for the sweet comment. And yes, we're using the same photographer for our wedding. We adore him!

  4. Sounds like a fun time.

    Until the part where you wouldn't let your poor ole dad sleep in.