Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dresses!



Here is a picture of the dress we will actually be wearing to my friend's wedding in June. Its $40 at Target and going pretty quick, but I think it could be cute for a holiday dress.

I thought I would share a funny story from when we were shopping for bridesmaid dresses for my wedding. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law were in town for brother-in-law's baseball game. So we decided to go to the bridal store where I wanted to get their dresses to try some things on and look at colors. One of my bridesmaids that lives in town met us there.

After we were done in the store my bridesmaid was talking to my mil. I walked up and heard this conversation:

Bridesmaid: "Where do you live?"

Mil: "We live in (small town in Northern California)"

Bridesmaid: "So will you be driving or flying?"

Mil: "Did we drive or fly here?"

Bridesmaid: "No, for the wedding."

My mil held it together nicely and told her that they would be driving. After we got in the car I said, "So will you be driving or flying?" We all started cracking up. Our wedding was about a two hour drive from her house. There aren't even large airports in the town if she wanted to fly. She would have to drive to Sacramento and the plane wouldn't even go anywhere casue she would be there!

The worst part of the story is my bridesmaid grew up in Nor Cal with me. We still make fun of her for this comment, behind her back, because no one has the heart to explain to her how stupid her question was.

5 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwwwwwwwww ya gotta love the stupid questions...lol

    nice dress btw;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the dress. Sometimes those stupid questions just.. come out..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ignorance is bliss.

    Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable dress! and I should know. I had to wear a hot mess recently that cost $180. best part? five months after the wedding the bride decided she had hated me since before the wedding and didn't want to be my friend anymore. thanks....

    ReplyDelete