Wednesday, April 3, 2013

How I Met Your Father

I was so excited about the marriage series some of my favorite bloggers are participating in. Then I found out when reading the posts this morning that we can link up! Yay!

I am inspired by Mandy's honesty for the first time on this blog and really to a lot of people give you the real story.

You can go here to read about the night Hubby and I met. The short story is we met at a friend's party and he had a girlfriend at the time but we both remember being attracted to each other. This is the link to the 2nd time we met.  Short story, it was new years eve and I was in town hoping a boy I liked (not Hubby) would be my new years kiss and Hubby barely said hi to me and hooked up with another girl.

Our love story really began when we met the third time. We hung out a friend's house and Hubby and his best friend were flirting with me. Most people don't know the part about hubby and his best friend both flirting with me. A lot of people don't know that the best friend and I did a little making out :/. Hubby didn't know about that for awhile into our relationship too.

This is the night Hubby swept me of my roller skates. I had been worried about Hubby still being in love with his ex and he told me that night that he wasn't. He held my hand during the couples skate. Our first official date he bought me roses and I was done. I quickly went from not wanting to be in a relationship to wanting to spend the rest of my life with this gorgeous man that my parents loved and seemed to have his life together and want all the same things as I did. I was a sophomore in college and he was a junior.


Our first Valentine's Day together.

We dated the rest of college. We practically lived together but Hubby's family had a house in town so we did have separate places to go if we needed or wanted. When Hubby graduated he had several job offers and we discussed them together. I thought the job offer that would be in San Diego was the best choice for our future. That was the one he accepted. I still had 6 months left of the teaching credential program so we did the long distance relationship thing. Some of the hardest 6 months of my life. It was a struggle learning how to be on my own again. I was also afraid Hubby would change his mind and not ask me to move to San Diego to be with him.

Asking me to move to San Diego to be with him was a tough decision for Hubby. He felt like it was a lot of pressure asking someone to move that far. But he did end up asking me to move in with him. I cherish the time we spent in tiny apartments in San Diego. You can read about our engagement here.

Our wedding was one of the best days of my life. I will never forget how Hubby looked at me that day and how in love we were. One of my favorite parts of our ceremony was the palm ceremony.

You can click on the link to Mandy's blog to read the other posts from the marriage series.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet story! Long distance really is hard, but it makes the "being together" all the sweeter! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your love story! I didn't know you lived in San Diego! Too bad you don't live there still! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, such a great story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your story! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete