Monday, April 8, 2013

Church!

Some of you might remember my post about praying my family gets involved with a church. If you want to read it click here.

Well I have some updates! I've actually gone to church twice since then!

I couldn't find the picture I took of Chase playing in the church daycare so I can't remember when we went to the first church. The first church I went to with Chase and Bekah. Chase and I loved it. My only thought was the services are a little long and there is a lot of singing but there are way more positive things.

Yesterday, Hubby, Chase, and I went to a different church in town with some friends of ours.I was so grateful that they invited us to join them and showed us where to drop Chase off. Their daughter is close in age to Chase so they were in the same room together. This church is HUGE. There was a special guest speaker the day we went but still it if a very large church. Thousands of people attended the Easter services.

Hubby hasn't been to church for probably 10 years or more. I think worship has changed a lot since he went to church. The church he went to growing up still has a traditional service with a choir singing hymns. The church we went to is definitely contemporary. Below is a picture I found online. This is pretty similar to what we experienced on Sunday.

I have nothing against contemporary services. I enjoyed myself. It just was a shock to the system for Hubby when he wasn't expecting it.

Again, I am so grateful for our friends taking the time to invite us. Chase was crying when we went to pick him up from daycare which broke my heart. I think there was more to play with at the first church we went to. The first church is still big for me but smaller than the second church. The pastor at the first church is younger too. I think Hubby will really like him.

We might go back to the bigger church when Chase is older. Right now I'm excited to see when Hubby will want to join us at the first church. I decided last night I want to join mops at the first church in the fall.

I'm still praying that Hubby's heart desires to be a member at a church and attend regularly. I really love the song Loves Me Like Jesus right now. Yesterday, Luis Palau was talking about how Jesus loves us just the way we are and it made me think about how I really need to work on loving my husband just the way he is. I felt that realization and shift in my heart. I think attending church regularly together would be so great for our already great marriage.

I have to give a shout out to my other spiritual inspiration, Gina. There were a few times I got a little choked up during church and felt that well of tears and I totally thought of you G!

4 comments:

  1. This is great! I am sure that going to church with friends is a lot easier than just going on your own. We went to a church on vacation once, but they were really good about showing us where everything was. I went to a super traditional church growing up. We go to a contemporary church now, but it did take a little getting used to. Now I love it!! I hope you all find a church that you love. Pray and let the Lord work on your husband. xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I are constantly on the search for a church we can really belong to. We want to be active and make new friends, but it's definitely tough. I am glad you found some options!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We go to a pretty small, relatively contemporary church and I prefer that. I feel like I can get to know the other members better. Sometimes Landon is the only kid in the nursery! He loves it and the 2 women who work in there are so sweet and great with Landon! My FIL is a pastor and his church is super old school. They do hymns from a book, and his preaching style is old school as well. I don't really enjoy going to his church, and now we never have to when we visit because there's no nursery lol. I hope you guys can agree on which church is a good for for your family :D

    Mops is fun! I plan to do it again next year. I've made a few friends and it's just a great thing to do to get some adult interaction :)

    ReplyDelete