Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Miscarriage

I know I said I wasn't planning on talking about it again. But, I think it is important to to let you all know how I'm doing since even I didn't think I would still be needing to talk about it.

I thought about asking on twitter if people realize how long it takes to recover from a miscarriage. I had no idea so I'll just assume others don't either. Let me see if I can give you a quick timeline. We'll just start with I got my period back after weaning Chase and was pregnant the next month after that.


  • Dec. 20th was the positive pregnancy test
  • Two weeks later we go in for an ultrasound and are told I could just be earlier in my pregnancy than I thought. Yes my heart sank and I knew something was wrong but I prayed and continued to hope that I had a healthy baby growing inside me. I didn't have a lot of pregnancy symptoms but my sense of smell was heightened and I thought I was getting a belly. 
  • 10 days later Jan. 14th we go in for another ultrasound and are told there is no baby. 
  • It took my body 2 months to have a normal period again. 
  • I take my basal body temp every morning and I think my body is having trouble ovulating. 
I just wanted people to know it isn't just oh you have a miscarriage and then the next month you have a normal period and your body is all back to normal. I'm still physically dealing with it.

I'm also still dealing with it emotionally. I just wrote a post about how we went to church this weekend. I loved when Luis Palau was talking about how Jesus is your resident psychotherapist. He said he talks to a lot of psychologists and psychotherapists and the majority of their patients come to them to deal with unresolved guilt which Jesus can forgive you for. 

I'm just still struggling with understanding why this happened to us. I love God's plan for us but this part really sucks! So, I googled. Of course I want to share the great stuff I found with the rest of you struggling with God's plan. This was the first website I found. Love this, "The Bible does not comment specifically about spontaneous miscarriages. We can be sure, though, that God has compassion on those who have suffered through them. He cries and suffers with us, simply because He loves us and feels our pain. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, promised to send His Spirit to all believers so that we will never have to go through trials alone (John 14:16)." And this, "Romans 11:36 reminds us that everything exists by God's power and is intended for His glory. Although He does not inflict suffering on us for punishment, He will allow things to come into our lives that we can use to bring glory to Him. Jesus said, “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world” (John 16:33)."

So, I guess this is one of those trials and sorrows I have to go through and bring glory to God! I hope I've done that and continue to do that. 

5 comments:

  1. I hate how people seem to think that you can just bounce back after a miscarriage. It's definitely not that simple. Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers. I know how hard this is. It took me a while to recover physically, mentally and emotionally. It's a process, but God will see you through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the verses you quoted! Thank you for sharing. I will continue to keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl, you already know.
    I have trouble dealing with it myself. Thanks for sharing these quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing! God has already used your story to help others! You might not even know how far reaching your testimony is, but rest assured that when you choose to lean on God while going through hard times He will use your life as proof of His love and for His glory! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete