Friday, December 7, 2012

Praying


I've wanted to start a couple posts about feeding your kids or weird things to avoid when pregnant but I think I might go in another direction today.

Part of me is bummed that there hasn't been a great response in the comment form on the super mom posts. Giving moms advice is what I'm passionate about. Makes me feel like no one is reading this and maybe I should just get back to writing for myself.

Something that has been on my heart and mind a lot lately is church. Awhile ago I mentioned that I found out two people I adore go to the same church and it is in our town and has services that we could easily attend. One of the friends that goes to the church has a little boy Chase's age. For my mommy heart I wanted to go to church when they went so there was a familiar face for Chase when we left him in daycare. I was really tempted to go one Sunday morning when I knew they were going but Chase slept in until 8 or 8:30 and I knew we weren't going to make it to church by 9.

Then I found out other friends of ours are actually going to be starting a church. This is something I think I would be allowed to get pretty involved with. But I'm hesitating. There have been discussions about this church being 25- 35 mins away. In a few years we plan to move more like 10-20 mins away. 35 minutes doesn't seem like all that far but I want to get involved with MOPS which is usually a morning activity and that would mean Chase would probably fall asleep in the car and he hasn't been transferring well lately. It just seems far. So I'm praying for answers with all this right now.

I have faith. I prayed for 4 years that we would move back to northern california and we are here. I've prayed for my husband and my child and those prayers were answered.

My prayer is that our family gets involved with a church. As I mentioned before I want to be involved with MOPS. We want Chase to go to Sunday school. I would love to find a church with a preschool that Chase could go to. I want Hubby to play softball.

I know God knows my heart and hears my prayers but I also felt like maybe typing it and putting it out into the universe might help.

5 comments:

  1. The best advice I have is if you really want to be involved, make it a priority! It's the best thing we do for ourselves and our marriage. Driving 30 minutes each way is a pain but we do it! Let me know if you ever want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck girl, I hope you can get some clarity and answers! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! You are doing it right! Keep praying about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's tough to get involved in a new church, just do what's right for you guys! Hugs friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure why but this blog is loading incredibly slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue on my end? I'll check back later on and see if the problem
    still exists.
    My site > hcg diet for men side effects

    ReplyDelete