Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Soccer Mom!

I am so excited! I just signed Chase up for soccer this summer. We just got our city's rec guide yesterday and I looked at all the activities available for 2 year olds. The only one I saw was gymnastics. When I asked around who wanted to do it with us my mommy friend told me there is soccer too. Just yesterday at the park Chase was kicking the ball around with other kids. Soccer hasn't really been a sport we were planning on putting Chase in but when it is the only option for 2 year olds and all my mommy friends are doing it...

*pretend that is a soccer ball. We have one we usually bring to the park.

Remember when Chase was about 3 months old my friend and I started going to a mommy support group? Well, I've kept in touch with some of the moms and even met moms that have kids a little bit older than Chase. Already 2 other moms have signed their kiddos up to play soccer with us and sounds like a few more will too. I love that I'm going to be a soccer mom with my mommy friends! I feel bad for the coach! I'm sure we'll be talking the whole time!

Last summer Chase took swimming lessons. Both sets of grandparents came to watch him during his swim lessons. I'm sure the grandparents and aunt and uncle will be coming out to watch him play soccer.

I might seem a little too excited for 2 year old soccer but this is really a dream and a prayer coming true for me. I've mentioned before what a dream come true it is for us to raise our son in this wonderful place. I love that there are so many parks and activites for us. I love most of all that we are so much closer to our parents and my brother and sister-in-law. If we were still in San Diego we might not have everyone able to come join in on the silly fun.

2 comments:

  1. How fun!!! :-) I'm sure he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!! I should look into what I can do with Hadley besides gymnastics.

    ReplyDelete