Writer's workshop topic I picked:
What lights your fire? Describe five things you are most passionate about.
1. Children. Some of you new followers may or may not know that I have wanted to be a teacher since I was in the 6th grade. I went to college with that goal in mind and have teaching credential. I was a substitute teacher for 2 years in San Diego and traded in my pencils and dirty looks for answering phones. Teaching is still my number 1 career goal. If that goal is never realized I would like to have a day care in our home or at least volunteer to help in future child's (Magic) classroom. I heard on the View on Monday that Newsweek wrote an article about young teachers not being educated on classroom discipline. That lights my fire!
2. Hubby. You have all seen him. Obvi lights my fire!
3. Dance. It was a huge part of my life and I miss it regularly. So you think you can dance and the DDR help. Someday hopefully we will have enough money that I will be able to take classes again.
4. Customer Service. I like to say I have worked in customer service for 11 years. Really probably longer. Like I said I had the goal of being a teacher for a long time. My parents were great at encouraging me to achieve that goal. They said if that is what you want to do babysit, volunteer, get a job working with kids. I babysat at age 12 and on and volunteered at a day camp and got a job working with kids at 15. I have worked in restaurants and retail and I get so annoyed when I get bad customer service.
5. Animals. Before I wanted to be a teacher, I wanted to be a veterinarian. I love animals but I did not want to have to put them to sleep. Still part of the reason I don't want as many pets as I used to. Dealing with them getting old and dying wasn't something I thought about as a kid. Just got the Blue right now.