Thursday, October 17, 2013

I swear my head isn't up my own ass!

   If you follow me on twitter or instagram you know that we are having a gender reveal party Saturday!!! Someone on twitter recently posted this blog about gender reveal parties and I have to explain myself!
   First, my cousin really wanted to throw us this party. So, we are not throwing it for ourselves. I also know it is a sex reveal party and I haven't even seen the invitations but I don't think she called it a gender reveal party.
   The blog mentions how cutting in to a cake is so 2 years ago. It is so funny everyone that hears we are having a gender reveal party says, "Oh, are you doing a cake?" I didn't find out until recently that we aren't doing a cake or balloons. I can't wait to find out if she is going to use one of my ideas or if she came up with one of her own!
   Everyone seems really excited to find out what we are having so I think the blog is wrong that no one else cares. The twin thing makes it more exciting I think. Maybe she just doesn't care. I care. I care what my friends are having. Even if it is their 4th (Allie ;)).
   We don't know the sex of our babies. We had the doctor write it down and put it in an envelope. The envelope was giving to my cousin's friend to coordinate the reveal. I'm really excited to have pictures that capture our reactions to finding out. Is that self-absorbed?
   I don't know if we are going to have a shower too. No one has offered to throw me one, so unless someone wants to throw one we won't be having one.
   I'll be sure to share what we are having and pics from the party. I know you all care ;)

7 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to hear what you are having! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever, someone wants to throw you this party, so why not? Nothing wrong with celebrating your twins and finding out their genders with people you care about.

    I for one cannot wait to hear what you're having! Even if you were just having 1 baby I'd care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing wrong with choosing to celebrate the news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think gender reveal parties are so neat! And if people didn't care, they wouldn't come to your party...I care and I don't even know you! :) I think having a baby(ies) is a time like when you're a bride (or groom)...there is going to be more attention on you and your little ones, and you deserve it! It's a special time in life, it's life changing, and it should totally be celebrated! Girl, milk it for what it's worth! It's not self absorbed! I can't wait to see your pictures from the party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. People are silly! I didn't do one with my first, but I thought it would be fun to have some friends and family over for our second. They don't read blogs, go on Pinterest, etc. so they thought it was fun and unique. The whole world doesn't follow mommy blogs. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't read the post, but omg, people are so rude. I think its so wonderful that they are doing this for you! I have actually never been to a gender reveal party, but I think any party about babies is fun and exciting! Sounds like jealousy and some people don't have friends and family in their lives to care about them to throw them a party. You and your babies are loved and people want to celebrate with you. YEY! I cant wait to find out and see how they REVEAL it to you!

    ReplyDelete