I am participating with the Book Beginnings and Bookends book club blog. I am reading The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain and answering the discussion questions they post on Mondays. So far I really like the book. If you don't want the book ruined for you don't read these posts. You can go pick the book up from your local library or Target and join in! It's not too late!
Chapters 1-10 discussion questions:
1. What was your first impression of Tim?
I like Tim. I think he is a nice and genuine guy.
2. If you were in CeeCee’s position, would you be willing to help your boyfriend in the way that she is willing to help Tim?
I don't think I could commit a crime for someone I love. After reading 4 edit- I don't think I could commit a crime for someone I love's loved one.
3. Why do you think CeeCee is so eager to please Tim?
CeeCee only had a mother's love until the age of 12. This is her first experience with romantic love and she would do anything to keep it.
4. Who do you think has it harder? Tim or CeeCee?
After reading this question I have to go back and change my answer for #2. I had to change my answer to number 2 because I was going to say CeeCee has it harder. I think Tim's decision is an easy one. I am very protective of the people I love and if they were on death row for self defense I might do the same thing to keep them alive.
5. What character trait(s) about CeeCee stuck out the most to you in these first ten chapters?
Her strength. Getting herself to this place in her life after being in foster care and losing her mother after 12 years. Her ability to fall so quickly for Tim and trust him completely after having a difficult childhood.
6. Do you think CeeCee is as mature as she seems?
I often forget that she is 16. I was not that mature at 16.