Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!




*Mom and me, Aunt and cousins

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of what my mom and I have in common is dance. I got the dance gene from her (I got the freckles from her too). My parents told me when I was little I walked around on my tippy toes so they put me in ballet. I have shared before, that along with dance, I did a lot of other girly hobbies growing up. I did gymnastics, horseback riding, and ice skating. Through all of them, my mom was right there with me. She went with my on my first trail ride. She even had her own pair of ice skates and took lessons.

*My mom and me and my Nana


One thing we don’t have in common is will power. My mom makes crazy New Years Resolutions and actually sticks to them! One year she didn’t buy herself any clothes! Another year she didn’t eat any sweets! Yeah, she amazes me and boggles my mind.






I noticed a change in my relationship with both of my parents when I went away to college. I finally realized that all the advice they were giving me was actually really good. I started calling them on a regular basis asking for their advice on EVERYTHING! I haven’t stopped.





When I met Hubby, I was able to get great relationship advice from my mom. She had been in a relationship for 20 or so years. She knew a lot more than my friends! We both get a kick out of how similar Hubby and Dad are. Seriously people, it is scary. Did anyone see the shake weight skit on SNL recently? Yeah, they both thought that was hilarious!



If someone was to ask me who my best friends are, first is Hubby and next is my mom. Hubby knows EVERYTHING and mom knows pretty much everything. If you had told me 10 years ago I would share things with my mom that I don’t tell my best friends I probably would have told you that you were crazy. But this Mother’s Day in May of 2010 it is 100% true. I couldn’t be more grateful to be my mother’s daughter.

7 comments:

  1. what a truly beautiful post.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post! You write so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day to your mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom is gorgeous! What a great tribute to her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post. It's so great that you have such a close relationship with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom is my best friend too...well her and my husband...but there is a love my mom has for me, that I know No one else can have.
    Very sweet post. I love all the older pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete