Friday, October 16, 2015

My secret for waking up before the kids

   Sleep is one of my favorite things. In high school I could sleep until 1 pm. I gave it all up for my babies. I don't think I slept for 3 years. I go to bed at the same time as Hubby but always justified sleeping in with I'm getting up with the babies in the middle of the night. Well, I'm no longer getting up with the babies in the middle of the night (insert confetti and salsa dancer emoji). I now have a child that has to get to school in the morning. I tried sleeping until the babies woke up and getting everyone out the door for a few months. I didn't like the mom I was rushing around and angry in the mornings. I tried the old fashioned set an alarm and get up. Didn't work.
   I'm kind of embarrassed to share my secret for waking up before the kids...
 
I call a game of bingo Monday through Friday at 6:30 am. 

   I'm sure you are super confused now. Awhile ago I found a cleaning guru called Flylady. She doesn't do a weekly cleaning checklist. She suggests starting routines. Our evening routine is to do the dishes before we go to bed. I started following her on facebook and found some other groups that follow her. I'm in a group called 5,10,15 clean. They have bingo cleaning games through out the day.
   What is a bingo cleaning game? You pick 9 things you need to get done. 3 that you will spend 15 minutes on, 3 you will spend 10 minutes on, and 3 you will spend 5 minutes on. There is a caller that posts a number and then you do that number for the amount of time and when the time is up you come back for the next call. You might think you need longer than 5 or 15 minutes to do things but you would probably be surprised. Anyways, it has helped motivate me to clean to have other people cleaning and deciding what to clean. I have issues prioritizing things. Bingo and flylady helped motivate me to clean and decorate our master. 
   So Monday through Friday my alarm goes off at 6:25am and I jump on to facebook and let everyone know the game will start in 5 minutes. At 6:30 I post the first number. There are other women from all over the world that join in and post what they are doing. Since I have to keep posting calls/numbers I just get out of bed and get ready for the day. The babies wake up around 7ish. Today they are still asleep at 7:35! I actually need to go wake Chase up because he has school today. 
   That's my secret for getting up before my kids. If you live in a different time zone there are probably games at the time you would need to be getting up. Join the group! If there isn't a game at the time you need, you can call one! It is really easy! Let me know if you have any other questions!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun idea, I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Flylady! I am going to look up this group.

    ReplyDelete