Sunday, February 26, 2012

Kid activities under age 1

I've been trying to come up with stuff to keep Chase entertained lately. He's so busy and his toys aren't entertaning him much. Last week we went to the park he can crawl around at twice and to the mall on a windy day and I let him crawl around in the kids play area. I was nervous he would get some disease that would put him in the hospital but he seems to be ok so far! I sanitized him afterwards.

We also did our first craft project!




Finger painting! I was looking for something like edible playdough but the ingredients like peanut butter are things he can't eat yet and I found edible finger painting. You just put a drop of food coloring in yogurt! Genius!

I put him in his high chair and gave him one color at a time to finger paint with. I didn't let it get too messy or crazy. This entertained him for about 10 mins. The grandmas both want one too so we will have to do it again soon!

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I found a recipe for playdough on Pinterest that was just salt, water and flour. Safe enough for babies as long as you sit with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea! I've also seen the playdough pin the person above is referring too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how fun!! What a neat idea to put food coloring in yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Andrew JUST called me asking me if we had play doh. We dont. Then I told him to make some...
    He told me he googled "What to do with a toddler on a snowy day" LOL. I told him if he is going to be a SAHD, HE NEEEEDS Pinterest! I think he is going to try to make some but I didnt think about it being edible. I Just figured he would make sure she didnt eat it. I will send him this link! ha

    ReplyDelete