Tuesday, January 21, 2014

To my boys,

34 weeks pregnant tomorrow and our house has been taken over by baby gear times two. I'm up early this morning because I was too hungry to stay in bed any longer. When I thought about what I could blog about this morning my heart instantly told me that I need to write a letter to my boys.

Dear Hubby,
   I've told you in person how grateful I am that you have given me these boys. During the hard times I think about and see how much Chase adores you and I know I picked the right man for us to be the father to our children. Neither of us are perfect but we are perfect for each other. There is no one else I would want to make and raise babies with ;). You have been so awesome during this pregnancy coming home from 10+ hour work days and jumping right in to helping with dinner and Chase. Thanks for all the times you've done the dishes and tolerated the messes and laundry piles.
   I know things are about to get CRAZY around here. I pray you continue to be patient with me while I figure out how to be a mom for 3 boys and a wife to you. I think we did a pretty good job getting Chase to a healthy and happy 2.5 year old. I hope this time around to be less stressed out about the twins' sleep. I'm going to try to remind myself that they will sleep eventually and get on a schedule eventually. But if I get crazy maybe remind me of that too :).
   I'm so excited to see you become a Dad to 3 boys! I don't think either of us had any idea this was what our future held but are both thrilled for our family to be complete.

Dear Chase,
   To the one that made me mama. Your excitement about your brothers has blown me away. I knew I wanted to give you a sibling but I definitely worried when we found out you were getting two at one time. I know you are going to be the best big brother.
   You about broke my heart last night when we were talking about mama being in the hospital for a few days having your brothers and you said with your pouty face, "I wanna go wif you". I love you my little sidekick and wish I could bring you with me. I'll come home to you as soon as I can.
   I don't know if you've noticed but mama has been spoiling you a little bit in these last few weeks we have together. Maybe I need to come up with another fun place for us to go or maybe we'll have to make cookies! I can't wait to get back home and have some more special moments with you. Maybe the first night I come home I'll let you stay up late watching Planes.
   I think with twins people worry that you will be jealous of all the attention they get. I'm not too worried about it because I know you. My friendly comedian you have so many people that love and adore you and like I told Nana yesterday, a lot of people probably think you are more fun than the boring babies anyway! I know you will take pride in the compliments we get about your brothers because you are going to be a huge part in raising them too.

Dear K and A,
   My babies. You are about to enter a very close family full of love. We are all very excited for you to complete Daddy's golf foursome and our family. I know you can hear your crazy big brother in there. Sorry about all the noise. It is probably only going to be louder when you get out here.
   I'm sure you've heard your brother figuring out life as a 2.5 year old. You'll find out it isn't easy. I hope you cut him some slack as he figures out life as a 3 year old and a big brother. I hear its probably going to be tough for him. But know that he loves you with all his heart. Mama is an only child so I hope I can help all three of you figure out how to love each other and communicate.
   I tell everyone how being a second time mom is even more exciting than the first because I know I am going to love you both instantly the moment I see you. I have worried about both of you and loved you since I saw your little hearts beating on that first ultrasound.
   I look forward to meeting you and getting to see your little individual personalities develop. Just so you know, your big brother wants to be the funny one so you might have to come up with something else ;). I am going to try to savor every second of your first year because I now know how fast it goes.
   By the way, if you could turn head down so we can all get home faster that would be awesome!

To all my boys,
    I love you all so much and hope I can be the best wife and mama to all of you. I'm the only one you've got ;)!

                                                                     xoxo,
                                                                        Meg/Mama

3 comments:

  1. This is just amazing!! The sweetest letter!! I can't wait to hear how the birth goes and see pics of these handsome boys. Praying for a safe and easy delivery for all three of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! This is so sweet! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete