Thursday, August 25, 2011

August 25th!



One year ago today I woke up excited when my husband's alarm went off at 5:50am. I jumped out of bed and went to the bathroom. I'll be honest, I peed in a cup and then put the stick in it. I was never good at peeing on the stick. I set the timer on the microwave and I think 2 lines appeared right away. I yelled to Hubby, "There are totally two lines!" So then I got the digital test and took that one.

Hubby and I were so excited that the tests were positive. I think he gave me a kiss and I said, "We did it, Babe! Your swimmers work!"


August 25th, the day I took the test is my Mom's birthday. I texted Mom and Dad and told them we wanted to watch Mom open her presents on Skype. When Hubby got home from work we texted Mom to see if she was ready to Skype. She didn't text back for awhile so I called her. (Hello like the biggest news ever to tell you can you text me back please!) So she says, ok we can skype really quick. So we watch her open her presents and read her cards. Then we tell her we want to sing her a song. So together Hubby and I sang the birthday song and when you get to the part where you say, "Happy Birthday dear (insert name)". We said, "Nana" I held up the positive pregnancy test. My mom had the biggest grin on her face and started clapping. My Dad was super shocked. He had no idea we were trying to get pregnant.

Now it is one year later and we have an almost 4 month old! So excited to celebrate my mom's birthday tonight with the result of those two little lines!

12 comments:

  1. Aww what a sweet story!! Happy Birthday to Nana :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this!!! And, your mom knew you were trying right? And, serioulsy, you look the same one year later!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet post! isnt it fun to go back and look at where you were last year? sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cute! Happy Birthday to your mom!

    I peed into a cup and dipped the stick in too :) I found out on September 30th, 5 days after my mom's b-day. We had plans to take her to dinner the day after I found out, so it was fun to deliver that slightly late b-day surprise to her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i didnt realize our "pee on a stick" dates were so close! lol. mine was yesterday. hasnt this whole process been amazing?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun day to remember! It's amazing what can happen in just a year's time. Happy Birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a cute way to tell them you were pregnant!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so fun! what a great way to remember and celebrate your mom's birthday!

    ReplyDelete

  9. Hi there.)

    Oh, you ve got such a cute blog!! I love it!
    Nice post.))

    I need your help (maybe again) ...
    Do you anything about PayPal? If yes, can you say me about this system?
    thanx.

    ReplyDelete